How many 1964 1/2 Mustangs were made?

Christopher Metz
35

Asked by Christopher May 11, 2010 at 11:17 PM about the 1964 Ford Mustang

I would like to know how many 1964 1/2 Mustangs were made and how many of them were convertibles.

papa

the1/2 is the answer,they were made in the middle of the year,but is the most sought after stane of the car.

Christopher Metz
35

I realize that it was made in the middle of the year, but the Shelby is the most sought after. The 1964 1/2 is the rarest. But I would like to know how many were made and how many of them were convertibles.

Rifleman
60

1964 1/2 mustangs produced standard coupes 92,705 standard convertibles 28,883 total 121,538

doenie
60

You seem to know what you'retalking about. I have a 64 1/2 mustang with a vinyl top. It has a 3 speed on the floor and a 260 v 8 engine. It was purchased new by my father-in -law and sold to me. It is burgandy color and I have been to Hot August Nights for 10 years and not seen this car. Is this as rare as it seems.

Alex Ascencio
85

There is actually no documentation for 64.5-66 Mustangs, Ford destroyed the information you are currently looking for, no one really knows how many are out there. So giving a number for it is actually completely inaccurate, when no valid source for that information can be found. So, the answer to your question can not be given due to the lack of proper documentation.

63sprintowner
205

Rifleman"s numbers were spot-on..Alex-youre kidding,right??I have documentation,including paint-codes,and options,for EVERY YEAR mustang,produced,from 1964(including feb.64,pre-production figures)..It"s available at any ford obsolete store!!!

63sprintowner
205

Pre-production( mustangs built from dec. 18,1963-april 16th,1964)--101 coupes,,and 49 convertibles...

Alex Ascencio
85

Ford destroyed the documents, and their is significant proof of that, if anyone gives you a number for those model years, it won't be accurate or precise.

Alex Ascencio
85

In fact, if you were to try and get the marty report on any pre-1967 model mustang, you could not get any reliable production numbers of the car due to the fact that ford destroyed those numbers.

doenie
60

Thanks for the different responses to my question of how rare my Mustang is. As i said I have gone to Hot August Nights for 10 years and have never seen this particular car. We know it was manufactured before May 1964 cause we bought it on May14 1964. Soooooo if it is one of the 101 cars made pre May 1964 1/2 whats it worth as I am ready to sell it. Not versed in this so any advice will be much appreciated.

Anthony Spencer
25

That is a very tough question to find a good answer to. All 64.5s carry a 1965 vin. I have a 64.5 A code 4 speed convertible waiting its turn to be restored. There is not really any documentation detailing trim and roofs still in existence for 64-66. You would need to have the sheets from all 101918 convertibles 65s built. Then separate the ones that were produced between 3/9/64 and 8/17/64. Whats makes this even harder is Ford says that the last 64.5 was built 7/31/64 and the 65s started the next day. However research has turned up 64.5s as late as 8/17. I think at the end of the day no one will ever know the true numbers for the 64.5-66 Mustangs.

MapleSugarr
0

How many did Ford make: Want to purchase: 1965 Ford Mustang K Code 289 HiPo Vin Number 5F09K61 Ivy Green 2 dr 4 spd. Mileage 66, 792 Black Interior. Recently had 5 owners: Comes with the 5 previous titles. Home state for the Mustang was Texas. This Mustang 2 + 2 Fast Back equipped K-Code 289 Hi Po option, delivering 271 hp Front disc brakes, 4 spd, close ratio loader trans, Rally Pac Instruments, remote drivers side view mirror and am radio. Mustang custom tailored look to leather soft vinyl seat trim Pony interior. Fresh air flow vents, and functional rear side louver vents as well. Factory black steering wheel, sporty perforated metal spokes. Flip folding rear seat option, holding cargo or 2 more passenger seating. This rare limited production car is all original. 271 Hi Po engine untouched original deluxe black Pony interior. Original sales brochure owners manual complete history. 5 owners and Title history documentation. Considering this as investment.

Howe_pete
0

What is your VIN number ... starting with a 5 indicates production year 64 + 65. Last numbers are actual car number. I have 5F08F100909, produced on 12.03 (third ever day of production). The 909 = 909th car produced!

Howe_pete
0

to clarify ... 12 March.

snoopy55
10

Pete: If your car is the 909th car produced wouldn't the vin number be 000909? I was informed the last six numbers should be the consecutive build number. If I am mis-informed what build would the number 5F07C325011 be?

Michael Underwood
0

Pete, i have 5F08F101908. Date on door is 18C (Mar 18, 64). Someone in this post said 49 verts were built before April 16. Like yours that would make mine pretty rare but not sure where those numbers came from. Have you been able to find any source to validate early vert numbers? Thx, Mike

Howe_pete
0

Snoopy: i understand your logic, but can't give an answer other than that's just the way it is. I haven't yet found an answer for what the 1 is. As Mike says, if you check your door date it will confirm your production. If you Google search the vin codes there is heaps of information in the www. Where are you Mike? I'm in Germany, there is a guy here who has something like car no. 124, first day of production. That would be a nice one to have in the garage!

Michael Underwood
0

Would be finer than frog hair Pete. I'm in New Mexico.