How do you remove the dashboard on the on a 2002 Toyota Echo. To access the fan and heating controls?

dwilmink
0

Asked by dwilmink Oct 26, 2007 at 08:47 PM about the 2002 Toyota ECHO

The fan in my 2002 Echo, will only turn on, when the switch is in the HIGH position, so I want to check the wires and the switch, however I can't figure out how to get the dashboard cover off. I found 3 screws (2 under the other two knobs - Temperature & Vent control and one on the passenger side of the storage compartment.

23,745

I would suggest picking up a Haynes manual, as there may be more required than just removing those screws. Typically part of the dash and/or kick panel has to come off, and there may be blind screws or clips behind the vents that need to be removed as well.

JKramer328
105

1) Remove the (2) outer A/C Heater control knobs. 2). Remove the (2) phillips screws from these locations. 3) GENTLY unsnap the A/C heater control, disconnect the harnesses and remove. 4). IF CHANGING RADIO otherwise continue to 5...Gently unsnap the trim from around the radio and remove. 5). Depress the tabs (one on each side, one on top) securing the heater control in place and pull slightly forward and upward.

EchoFan
10

Haynes lists no manual for a Toyota Echo.

papa

your resisitor is bad,should be mounted on firewall under hood,is a square looking part with a plugin on top,that is what controls the fan speed,if not under hood,is inside at firewall on passenger side,dont have to remove dash or anything.just have to get in a couple akward positions to get to it,remove 4 very small screws pull out,replace.