what does it mean when the maintenance required light blink a few time then stop?

mskathy1956
0

Asked by mskathy1956 Jul 11, 2012 at 05:40 PM about the 2006 Toyota Avalon

113,955

The info is in your owners manual, it means your due for an oil change....."When you drive for about 7200 km (4500 miles) after the engine oil replacement, this light illuminates for about 3 seconds and then flashes for about 15 seconds with the ignition switch is set at ON. If you continue driving without replacing the engine oil, and if the distance driven exceeds 8000 km (5000 miles), the light will come on after the ignition switch is set at ON. The light will remain on thereafter. If the light is flashing, we recommend that you replace the engine oil at an early opportunity depending on the driving and road conditions. If the light comes on, replace it as soon as possible." If you just had the oil changed, the mechanic never reset the system.

lilfrosty357
170

How do you reset the maintenance required light?

Pau123
20

2006 toyota camry oil light came on and car stopped about five minutes later. Check dip stick and oil was on the full mark. Car will turn over but will not start. Oil was changed two day before this happen.