1994 Chevy K1500 4wd pick up with the 4.3l, is it the ignition switch?

Matthew Gryzbek
65

Asked by Matthew Jan 30, 2013 at 04:25 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500

and the speodometer is not workin and transmission not shifting had replaced the speed sensor and the heat isnt workin, and emergency brake light and engine?

judge_roy

check your wiring harnesses and fuse box. Something has been disconnected, find out which connector is disconnected. Trace it back from the malfunction- Burnt bulbs can be the cause of over-voltage from a malfunctioning voltage regulator, or of normal wear and tear~ list your difficulties one at a time or you may confuse the guru.

Matthew Gryzbek
65

The speedometer is not functioning, the truck drives but doesnt shift out of first gear and yes its a automatic, andreplaced the speed sensor and the heat isnt functioning other than that the truck is fine. I already check the fuses and the wires unless i miss 1 plug under the truck that i cant see but other than that it works fine.

judge_roy

...at this point, we're going to have to get scientific. A test light what glows under the presence of 12V would be handy--a reliable electrical schematic and box of colored pencils will be needed to track each circuit, that we will test to make sure that each one is complete-

judge_roy

the firewall frequently has connections that jiggle loose. My toyota would go "blind" for moments at a time. The roads around here are crater filled (clearlake, CA) and tortured the wiring connectors. A quick "push it back" into place fixed the problem. You could try re-pushing all the connectors back into position before getting scientific-

Matthew Gryzbek
65

ok

judge_roy

Many problems are created by a corroded positive terminal. Clean off all corrosion with a brass wire brush and use some electrical cleaner. probably are four lugs that need your attention. Dont forget the positive terminal.

judge_roy

,,,er the ground lug-----both ends! Your electrical system will be sparkly-fresh and good as new.

Matthew Gryzbek
65

ya i bet lol