can the erg valve cause my truck not too start. It will only make a clicking noise when I try to start it. Will not turn over.

pinkylea
0

Asked by pinkylea Nov 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM about the 1996 Chevrolet S-10

I can hear the clicking noise when i try to start my truck.  If you feel the erg valve you can actually feel it each time it clicks when trying to start it.  I have a new battery and have cleaned and checked all the battery terminals, etc.  I feel confident that it is not battery related.

Alexander Curtis
315

i would be more on the though of starter solenoid.

Andrew Strong
205

look for a starter relay. try tapping on it then try to start it.. if it starts then replace the relay..

4,745

A clicking noise when attepting to start is the starter solenoid clicking because it's not getting enough power. Check connections on the starter itself and all ground connections for the battery to the engine and frame. The EGR doesnt prevent the starter from turning. There is some problem with the starting system either a bad connection or solenoid. The relay will either work or not, if the starter is clicking the relay is working.

Best Answer