TO BUY A FUEL PUMP OR NOT TO BUY A FUEL PUMP THAT IS THE QUESTION!

CLUELESS1110
0

Asked by CLUELESS1110 Oct 02, 2012 at 07:38 PM about the 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500

I HAVE A 1997 CHEVY 1500 AND IT DOES NOT WANT TO START. THEY TOLD ME TO CHECK THE FUSES I CHANGED THEM NO CHANGE. THEY SAID CHECK THE FILTER AND FUEL PUMP AND THEY ARE PASSING GAS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT. I NEED HELP!!! D=

Kurt Burton
1,665

you need to check fuel PRESSURE, not just, yep its got gas. the chevy vortec motors require 62psi fuel pressure to start.

Joey McBride
135

If your fuel pressure is good, check to make sure you have spark. It could be an electrical problem. Good luck.