remove truck door panel

Adeupree
25

Asked by Adeupree Sep 14, 2007 at 03:42 PM about the 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500

I have to open the driver side door by rolling down the window and opening it from the outside.  How do I remove the door panel to fix the door handle on the inside?

24,905

You will need to get a manual to help you do this without damaging the door panel fasteners, which are usually ribbed rivet-type plastic pieces. A Haynes manual will give step by step instructions for how to do this. Sounds like the linkage between interior door handle and latch has broken or come loose, not an unusual problem.

Matt Hansen
55

You need to take the screws out of the arm rest,, remove the bezel around the door handle and there should be a screw in there, then you will need a clip removal tool or new clips for the door panel. Pop all the clips out and lift up on the door panel to pull it out of the window track. Then your set to go!

14,835

1. Remove the window handle by depressing the door panel and removing the retaining clip. 2. Remove the door lock knob. 3. Remove the arm rest. 4. Snap off the trim covers and remove the screws retaining the assist strap, if so equipped. 5. Remove the electrical switch panel, if so equipped. 6. Remove the trim panel by carefully prying out at the trim retainers located around the perimeter of the panel.

14,835

straight from chiltons

14,835

--

14,835

--

JB92677
20

Any idea where I might be able to buy a LH Gray armrest - 1997 C/K 1500 manual operation?

karategirl916
10

gmpartsdirect is where I bought one for my husband.