Mechanic tells me to replace tires using O.E.M.'s for 2000 Honda CRV.

fatdogbikes
5

Asked by fatdogbikes Jun 19, 2013 at 02:21 AM about the 2000 Honda CR-V

Hard to find anyone recommending Dunlop or Firestone (both O.E.M.) is the way to go?

Michael Tutty
5,385

As long as you stay with the factory size, speed rating, load rating, and temperature rating, it does not matter what brand you use. Personally, I have had great luck with Pirelli and BFGoodrich tires. I know others swear by Goodyear, but I've never had any luck with them at all. Choose a good brand of tire that meets or exceeds the factory requirements and you will be just fine.

Michael Tutty
5,385

Addendum to above: Good luck FINDING the OEM tire. The brand may be the same, but there is no way you will find the same tire, including tread, 13 years later. The tire model that was available then is almost certainly out of production now, superseded at least once over the years.

DavidH25

Listen to Michael, he is very knowledgeable. The only difference is is I have been very satisfied, more than satisfied, but great performance with Goodyear...especially Eagle, Very pricey, not a high mileage tire either, but when it comes to handling I have never had a better tire.

31,745

I'm running the new Firestone Destination LE on my Acura, just did the first rotate and the tires still look and SMELL new if you can believe that. They have good traction in snow and wet roads, don't hydroplane too bad and have good sidewall strength. so here's a thumbs up for the new Firestone.