i have a honda crv 2000 model.The check engine light is flashing and pick up is extremely slow. I adjusted the valves,oxygen sensor was also changed.But still the problem persisit.

danukaj
0

Asked by danukaj Apr 15, 2013 at 07:03 AM about the 2000 Honda CR-V

i have a Honda CRV YEAR 2000 JEEP. Check engine light is flashing.According to my technician i have
adjusted the valves, oxygen sensor was changed.I also finding it difficult to start the vehicle early in the
morning! Kindly let me have an answer for this

DavidH25

When a CEL aka Check Engine Light is flashing, it it trying to get your attention! Flashing light indicates a more serious fault has been detected than if the light is steady on. Get your OBD codes scanned asap at a parts house, OBD means On Board Diagnostic, your car has a device that detects faults in sensors and other things, many other things, stores the faults and the parts house will scan them free. Write down the codes and bring them back here, and one of us will be happy to help you decide what to do next. I checked and it does have solid valve lifters, not hydraulic so they do need adjustment periodically, I hope he did it right. How many miles are on the car? Mechanics LOVE to change 02 sensors it is a high profit job for them. A less than reputable mechanic will change them even if not necessary because of that. But please..mileage? And do not delay getting the codes they will be "P" followed by four numbers for example P1234. Forget the jargon, forget the diagnosis a parts clerk gives you, just bring the codes

Marco Andaya
25

I agree. Just connect it to diagnostics and see what codes you get.