Audio system code

lakamaja
0

Asked by lakamaja Jun 13, 2010 at 07:18 PM about the 1998 Honda CR-V

The battery was disconnected from my vehicle and my radio display is flashing "CODE" and the radio doen't work where can l find my radio code?

cassis number = JHLRD1869WC055034

Engine number = B20B43038067

Marcos Noguez
15

You have to go to the agency. Good look!!

popper1
20

Look inside your glove box. You will need the serial number for your sound system. Sometimes the s /n will be on a sticker inside the glove box and some find it on the outside of the glove box.(on the side after you open the glove box). If you find some numbers go to Honda.com ,Fill in you Vin,your name address, etc. and the number, if found in your glove box. .After these steps it should give you the code to your radio or prompt you to call a 800 number. This happen to me 4 days after I bought my Honda. When I got the code I went to the vehicle with a rep. on the phone. I punched in the code he gave me several times until he told me I would have to take it to a Honda repair shop. Later my husband went out popped the hood and found the fuse box under there. He found it and found the radio fuse. He took it out waited about 10 minutes,put the fuse back in and turned the radio back on . It then read "install code"! He put in the code I was given and my radio come right on. Hope this helps! Worst case senario.some of the serial numbers are on the back of the radio,then you would have to take it in.