My battery went dead. Now the car is working but the radio stopped working and asked for a code. What do I do?

afishman
0

Asked by afishman Jul 04, 2008 at 06:32 PM about the 2006 Honda Accord

Chris Celaschi
155

call your honda dealership. my dad's did the same thing. its an anti-theft device. give the vin number and they will give u the code. hope i was some help

Megan Osbahr
205

You need a new battery...hopefully there isn't something wrong with the alternator. You get the code from any honda dealer, just provide them with your VIN number. After you obtain the four digit code, you use the number pad on your radio to enter the code. Everytime you unplug your battery it will ask for this code. The code resets your alarm system on your car. I hope this answered your question. Good luck! Megan

Robert Baysden
185

call honda dealership. when the battery dies it resets the cars computer.

Alan Wong
10

go look at the ownel manuel for a code ... if the manuel go to the dealer to get you the code

Nick Parsons
75

ya i work at bodyshop we work on lots of those. if you battery dies you'll need to take your accord to the honda dealership and they'll give you a code for your radio and just type it in through the preset digits for your radio and you'll be good to go :)

'Anthony Wright
35

Yeah taking it to the dealer is about the only way to get the code, but when you do make sure you write it down. I recommend writing it in your owners manual for next time it happens

Nikolas Trenchi
115

a lotta times its on a sticker in ur glove box.. if not listen to what everyone else said bout calling the dealer (i had to do it, and after i got off the phone with them i found my code card haha)

Ryan Anderson
15

u can get delership answer also it could be time to just upgrade excuse 4 better radio

John Florey
20

You dont need a new battery, look in the manual, if your the first owner of the car there should be a radio code. if not call honda of america and give them your info and they will provide one for you.

A Facebook user
75

put the code in the radio

Ron Knapp
55

k first of all if you know where the car was purchased new you can call that dealership, they are supposed to have those numbers in the new car file. if not, if you dont know---then look in the glovebox, and center console for a little sticker it may say anti theft code on it. CAUTION!!! you only have 5 chances before it locks you out, then you have to unplug battery for like an hour and try again. if you cant find the code and the dealership gives you grief, you can hold the 1 and the 6 button on the stereo (on most models )and write down the numbers, let go of the button and write down the numbers, then call the dealership again with that, they can crossreference the numbers, but you may have to go down there and prove ownership before they give you the code

Sarah Reibert
55

call any honda dealorship. the code is supposed to be on a card in your manual but mine wasnt there. just give them the serial number on the deck. make sure you keep the number cuz youll need it most every time you have battery probs or you replace the battery.

Scott Beck
85

Hi I sell Honda's! There is a card in your owners manual that gives you the code! If you don't have the card you will have to take the car to a Honda Dealer

LeanJon
100

WARNING: If you have a Navigation system and do not have power going to the car when you disconnect your battery your Audio and Navigation system will stop working. You will need to re-enter your Audo and Navi codes into the car to get them to operate again. If you've lost them then goto the link below. Getting my codes took me 2 hours because I lost little plastic business card with the codes. I've given instructions on how to get the codes. Link is below. http://leanforeveryone.typepad.com/lean_for_everyone/2010/04/how-to-retrieve-your-audio-and-navigation-system-codes-2004-honda-accord-with-navigation-system.html

Eric Sr.
50

The code is on the back of the radio. Just take it out and look at it

Johny McComber
0

What about a 99 Volvo s70