is it normal for a honda civic 2006 compressor to start and stop,repeatedly

wilsonvagay
0

Asked by wilsonvagay Feb 08, 2013 at 12:29 PM about the 2006 Honda Civic

62,705

No, it's not normal. The A/C system needs to be sucked out, checked for leaks and refilled. Call around for estimates.

Bradley Shelledy
925

it can be a couple of things, the refrigerant is either too low or too high

7jimmy7
13,255

yes, at times it to needs a rest, and as brad says low on gas it will in short bursts, and if you mean when you have it on heater on and defrost select it will even on cold days

mperrenoud
75

if it is short cycling while it is in defrost mode then yes this is normal. the a/c runs to dry out the air while in defrost. if it's 95 degrees out and it's short cycling you have a different issue, lo charge= leaks, txv clogged, dirty fresh air filter, cond. fan not running.