How do I get the radio code for my 1993 Audi 90. Radio is in safe mode. I have no manual or code. P

Asked by lita Jan 03, 2008 at 03:58 PM about the 1993 Audi 90

Have just bought this car and there are 2 things wrong with it.
Radio is in 'safe'mode and I do not have a code.
Vacuum leak. Don't have a lot of money to spend taking it to a Audi dealer. Am thinking of replacing the hoses. If this doesn't work than what would you suggest?

You should be able to get the radio code by taking proof of ownership (title, registration card, etc.) and VIN into the dealership, which can then provide you with the factory radio code (at no charge). As far as the vacuum leak, you could replace the hoses, but I would try to use a vacuum tester or the old "smoke" trick and see what specifically is leaking before I'd just go spending the money on all new hoses.

i try the codes on my radio but my radio is still on safe mode please tell me step by step how to put the code in the proper way. thank you

Sufyan Mohammed Javid

yes may be goto nearest showroom of Audi car dealer they can fix well. but other option is just check some of the wire is lose form inside or behind the radio

the P is a protection mode and you will need to take it to a dealer to reset it or you can try to disconnect your battery for about 5 minutes this should clear it if not i would take it down to a radio tec like sound desighn or somthing 'alot of the time there is a phone number on the back of the radio you can call hope this helps have fun