I bought new window seals for my 88 Bronco II but not sure on how to replace them . Can someone explain it to me please ?

sechmo60
65

Asked by sechmo60 Jul 21, 2012 at 12:26 AM about the 1988 Ford Bronco II

i have a 88 ford bronco II XLT with vent windows - non power window - and Im wondering how to replace the window seals . I bought a brand new clip on type set of seals !!!

Rachel Kirby
275

you're side windows should be installed much like a windshield due to the none opening n such. since you have new replacements use the knife & cut the old seal. be ready for the glass no matter what don't want that broken :) clean up all old adhesive off truck and install your new seal. also,i'm sure you tube & goggle have some videos on it,too. hope that helps =)

sechmo60
65

TY Rachel but maybe i didnt ask my question clear enough .. I need to replace the window SEALS { sweeps } , both inner and outer. They have turned very brittle and have started to break into pieces and fall into the door ... I know i need to remove the interior panels on each door but not sure how to start that process...

Rachel Kirby
275

Ohhhhh,lol,sorry bout that most are held in place with little popper holders,they look like plastic screws but just pop into the hole. you should be able to slide a flat head in between the panel & the door & pop em out. My daughter has a '86 Bronco ll as well. i would start at the bottom corner that's rounded & start gently prying. =)

sechmo60
65

Ty Rachel . After i get the panels off , Any idea on how to replace the inner & outer window sweeps ??? Looks to me as tho the window itself is in the way weather it's rolled up or down ???? The new set of sweeps I bought says ithas snap in connectors ....

Rachel Kirby
275

You'll have to remove the window. I don't know about snap in connectors,they are held in with adhesive but it maybe a universal fit kind. Either way make sure you clean out all the old adhesive cause ya don't wanna have to do this again in a few months. Hope I helped ya =)