4X4 front rotor removal

Poje
0

Asked by Poje Sep 18, 2011 at 07:31 PM about the 1983 Ford Bronco

I can not remove my rotor. I have remove grease cover, snap ring and now im stuck. manual says remove lock nut, but i dont see that part, just a bunch of splined shaft parts. any advice

papa

yes,not being a smart a$$,put what you have took off and put it back on let a mechanic do the job,if you have never done this,on the older ones you in over your head,their are a lot of parts to remove and have to be put back just like they came out.

Cody Reis
95

have yo pulled the internal parts of your hub out there is i very thin ring that sits in the groove of your rotor it is a pain in the a$$ to get out but once you have it out take two screws from the cover and thread them in to the hub and wiggle the hub out and after you do that you should see the two locknuts with a ring in between them. Oh and Btw when you go to put the snap ring back on find a bolt that threads into the center of the axleshaft this gives you a handle to hold the shaft while putting the ring back on

Reuben Hanna
65

cody has u on the right track but, also be certain that the nut with the little pin goes in 1st with the pin facing out. the lock washer has a tip the fits into the groove on the spindle. you have to torque the inner nut by FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS IN YOUR MANUAL! next install the washer so that the tip fits into the groove AND the pin on the inner nut sticks through one of the holes in the washer. after that, tourque the outer nut to @ 150 foot pounds. install the rest of the components the same way they came out. be very careful not to overtighten the little screws that hold the cover in place. they will strip out or break off. then you have problems. good luck! hope it works out for you.

Reuben Hanna
65

unfortuneatly, that was kind of a smartass response

Reuben Hanna
65

if u have any other questions, feel free to ask. i'm a transmission mechanic and proud Bronco owner.

Cody Reis
95

sorry forgot to mention about the pin oh and btw don't forget to grease everything up with clean grease it will save you money down the road