2007 Equinox 3.4 L engine

hot35ann
0

Asked by hot35ann Jan 18, 2009 at 10:53 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox

Just curious - looking at a 2007 Equinox and have been reading some reports about head gasket problems in the 3.4L engines. If it isn't caught in time the antifreeze can go into the oil and cause engine damage. Has this problem been corrected? Are there any other issues regarding this engine that we need to be concerned about? Thank you

johnco71
10

I have a 2007 Pontiac Torrent, Chevrolet Equinox with the 3.4. I have 90,000 miles on it of hard driving, i frequently tow a 3000 boat and a 2500 pound pop-up camper with no problem. The Equinox / Torrent is sure footed in the snow (as long as you replace the HORRIBLE Dueller tires it comes with) with BF Goodrich Long Trails. The engine and transmission have been fine. Other nuisance issues = cup holders, stability control reprogramming and frequent alignments. No, it is not the nicest SUV built, but it is a real workhorse for the money. BE SURE to change the rear end fluid on an AWD around 75,000 and it will last a long time.

anjy834u
2,235

no i guess there has been a recall because of the gasket problem. http://chevroletequinox.org/

johnco71
10

I have had absolutely NO engine problems. Like none, so little that Im worried! Like I said, I tow a boat and camper all over with not even a hint of issues. The long wheel base is also nice stable ride. I have replaced the spark plugs at 80 K which was good cause I noticed the difference. Other things replaced include battery, brake pads, rear shocks at 95K, ...hmm, thats it! Oh, and like I said, have the rear end fluid and trans fluid changed by a REAL chevy dealer. It will cost a fortune ($250 each) but its worth it if you will keep the car. GM uses very special fluid in both, so going elsewhere is bad. I get exactly 20.5 MPG. Always. City, highway, trailer, no trailer...always 20 MPG average. I use the cars computer and do my own calcs, always the same. I drive about 65.