2006 Ford Escape CD Player

rmhentru
0

Asked by rmhentru Jul 12, 2010 at 02:13 PM about the 2006 Ford Escape

I have a 2006 Ford Escape. I have a 6 CD Disc Changer that came with it. I just got my alternator replaced and now my CD Player is not working. Is this coincidence? When I hit 'load' or 'eject' it says 'select slot' but does not do anything but go back to showing the radio station I was on. It does not give an 'error' or anything. I was told there was a plug that I can unplug behind the radio to 'reset' it, is this true? How hard is it to take the radio out?

70Duster
330

You don't have to take the unit out to reset it. Pull the owner's manual out and look up the fuse box chart to identify the one(s) that affect the radio. Once identified, pull out the fuse(s) and reinsert. I have 2002 SportTrac. CD changer would not play, eject or load - just constant "cd error" msg. Turned key to ACC setting & turned on radio. Opened fuse box & pulled both fuses. Radio quit. Turned key fully off & then inserted both fuses. Turned key back to ACC, turned on unit & then ejected all 6 cds that had been stuck inside for 3 months. Didn't even lose radio presets. Can't say that this will fix your prob but it seems to me that a reset can't hurt.