Will the lower dash panels (ash tray, glove box, radio housing) of a 1979 fit in a 1978 or 1977 camaro?

jklatik77
35

Asked by jklatik77 Jun 07, 2007 at 05:18 PM about the 1977 Chevrolet Camaro

Will the lower dash panels (ash tray, glove box, radio housing) of a 1979 fit in a 1977 camaro?

I just bought a 1977 camaro LT, but it appears to have a 79 or 80 dash in it. I plan on replacing the dash pad and gauges but i was just wondering if the lower components could be used? Or do I need to find some different ones?. Thanks for your help. jason

18,685

I would image that it would fit. The models didn't change too much between those years so my guess is yes, it will fit.

Antonio Sapata
15

I own a 1979 Camaro, your 77 has the same lower ash tray, glove box and ac and heat unit it was the same through 1970-1981 never changed on the model just the top padded dash area.

Damian Bugajski
35

most definitly it wll fit

Heather Weaver
10

It will definately fit. I think the changes came around the 80 mark. The top half for those years were different but the bottom stayed the same. Good luck with that! I can't take any credit for this answer. I called my friend Armin who has his own site www.hardcore.ca and specializes in Camaros. He has a fully restored 70 1/2 and a killer 68. Races every weekend and won the championship last year. Give him a shout, he'd be more than happy to answer any questions. If ANYONE nows Camaros, its him. They are all he's ever owned since the 70's! Take care...