why does my brake pedal suddenly go all the way to the floor?

biggshugg
0

Asked by biggshugg Mar 25, 2013 at 10:37 PM about the 1993 Toyota Corolla

7jimmy7
9,685

ya sprung a leak ,imagine that! keep pumping the peddle ,add fluid till you see a puddle .it will tell you where

14,295

Air in the system. Brake master cylinder could be bad, a major leak in the brake system, ie brake lines, hoses, wheel cylinders etc. Will the brakes pump up? If they do try bleeding the system, if not and you can't find a leak replace the master cylinder, follow directions on bench bleeding before installing and then rebleed the brake system make sure there is no air left in the system.

judge_roy

if the level is still high, it's a bad master cylinder. If it's dry, look to a leaking caliper seal or rubber hose leakin'~

45,915

'93 Corolla - I voting for a leak in a rusted brake line.

Mai Quest
10

hello, i have the same problem after totallly changing the complete brake system (front and rear), what the mechanic did wrong ? Thank you.