misfire toyota celica and manifold got red hot

edwinleon
0

Asked by edwinleon Mar 27, 2013 at 08:54 AM about the 1993 Toyota Celica

DavidH25

A red hot exhaust manifold means it's running very lean, possibly your 02 sensor has worn out, among other possibilities, including an air intake leak causing the fuel/air ratio to not adjust the fuel trim. It will also cause the misfire. Another possibility is a clogged catalytic convertor

25,325

When was your last tune up? Have you checked computer codes? Toyota OBD1 I doubt if any parts stores will be able to check them. Check the basics first, plugs,cap,rotor, wires, fuel filter, air filter. Then it gets more involved.

Charles Mason
0

What kind of misfire was it? My 01 celica gt had a misfire in cylinder 4, checked all the spark plugs and they were pretty worn. went to autozone bought 4 ngk iridium spark plugs, spent 30 mins putting em in and now it runs smooth as butter

Ignacio Castillo
0

I got a 96 celica the manifold gets red hot . The engine was rebuilt . I changed the converter and still gets red hot. If I drive in the city is ok. But if I get on the highway hitting 60 mph for about 15 minutes that's when it gets red hot.