i have a 1993 toyota camry wihle driving to work yesterday it started to slow down, wouldn't go over 45 mph on flat road and would slow down to 20-25 on mild incline. no warning lights no nothing, what could be causing this?

93toy
0

Asked by 93toy Feb 25, 2013 at 12:02 PM about the 1993 Toyota Camry

49,795

It sounds like the ECU has gone into the protective "limp mode". Get the codes read at the parts store to see if anything shows up.

93toy
0

thank you, side note to this. after I had the car towed home last night I drove it around some and it ran fine, could this still be the ECU?

49,795

The ECU reads the sensors and controls the engine accordingly. It could be the ECU or it could be one of the dozens of things that it reads. Get the codes read to see what is going on before replacing parts.