Why does my 2001 Toyota Camry have a humming noise?, ive checked the bearings and there is no play at all with any of them. the sounds starts up around 20mph and gets louder the faster i go. It wont make the noise while in park with revving the engine. and when i turn right at a certain angle the noise stops for a moment then returns when going back straight.

EnjoiStapes
0

Asked by EnjoiStapes Aug 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM about the 2001 Toyota Camry

Ive checked the bearings and there is no play at all with any of them. the sounds starts up around 20mph and gets louder the faster i go. It wont make the noise while in park with revving the engine. and when i turn right at a certain angle the noise stops for a moment then returns when going back straight.

7,650

Jack the front of the car up and put on jack stands. Run the car in gear and let the front tires spin like you're driving it. Still make the sound? If not, I'm guessing you have hard tires that is making the sound.