why is my 1990 Suzuki hood dull

Lil Brown
0

Asked by Lil Aug 07, 2014 at 11:23 PM about the 1990 Suzuki Samurai

My Susuki hood has become dull and gritty, and a cleaner, and wax will not help. Actually it looks worse. What can I do.

Michael Kane
14,835

You can wet sand and compound it with a high speed buffer ( professional detailer ) or have the hood repainted. the wet sand and compound will probly only last for a few months unless you keep it waxed all the time.

BoholMark
23,925

Its a Suzuki. Not a Mercedes Benz. Its old enough to have graduated from collage. Drink. And vote. Show it a good time but don't spoil it. Have Maco paint it next time they have a special.

jamnblues
10,845

modern cars have a clear-coat put on the paint to make them really shiny- I don't like it- look around in the parking lot and notice all the cars that have that peeled-off look on the upper surfaces most exposed to the sun- that's why they look like that- and, ultimately there's nothing that can be done- just another example of doing things at the factory that gets the cars off the sales room floor with no thought to what happens to them years later- or not caring-

Lil Brown
0

Actually, I am asking questions about my daughter's car which is a 2009 not a 1990. I made a mistake on the year, so does that change anyone's answers?

BoholMark
23,925

That's way to early for the hood to fade. Is she the first owner? I'm wondering if the Suzuki's hood was damaged before and had some 3grader repaint the hood. Then again Suzuki isn't the highest quality of automobile.

Lil Brown
0

She is the first and only driver (known) for her car. She is devasted. Her hood looks like crap compared to the rest of the paint job, which is great. Her car works great- she drove it all the way out to Calgary and back with absolutely no problems, so I believe her car is of great quality Can you recommend anything for her to clean her hood with. She has tried different products - which have been told to her is the best!!! Beside getting her hood repainted which she can not afford, how can she get the company to DO something for her--like give her a new hood, or repaint it for her? She has talked to the dealer and another Suzuki dealer and they won't do anything for her.

BoholMark
23,925

Sounds like she has done everything that can be done so far. The next step is to go to the district office. Have her write a letter saying how much she loves her DEPENDABLE Suzuki and other then the paint on the hood ALL of her friends like it. And that she's tired of having to try to.explain why her hood is so ugly and the rest of the Suzuki looks so darn nice. Also that she understands that sometimes things happen in the assembly line and wouldn't they be so kind as to correct the problem becouse she drives all of her friends around to social events. You get the picture. Something went wrong in the painting process. Dollar to donuts this isn't the only one. But if they think that it's being observed by young, future buyers they should do something. Frankly I don't see it costing any more than $90.00 for them to paint it. Be polite. Be persistent.

jamnblues
10,845

Hello! the car has a clear coat layer applied over the paint- you can NOT polish it- and if you try to polish it you just mess it up worse- but too late! it is messed up now, and the only thing you can do is get a new paint job on the hood- but it is only a matter of time 'til the rest of the upper surfaces go, too- or just trade it in on a shiny new car, and wait for that paint to go- what a metaphor for the modern, 21st century Western culture- it LOOKS good- until the rubber hits the road- then, not all the King's horses and men can make it shiny again-

BoholMark
23,925

I still think you should "SCHMOOZE EM" go right to the US\Canada headquarters.