How many miles can it reach before needing a new engine.

ladyjeremiah07
0

Asked by ladyjeremiah07 Dec 18, 2007 at 01:46 PM about the 2003 Suzuki Aerio

Is 114,700 miles good for this car.

24,965

See reply to your other post.

themadhatta
30

I spun bearings at 80K Miles and Suzuki replaced my motor. Now the shop that put it in messed it up and I ended up going through two more motors until they got it right. (The first replacement threw a rod, the second one cracked the head and spun bearings again. I took it to a different dealership for the 3rd replacement motor). I am currently at 100877 miles on the car, original trans, and 4 K miles on the newest motor.....starting to modify the car. So far new wheels, suspension, painted interior, new head unit, 2 12" audiobahn subs, new 3 way component speakers in the doors, and new two ways under the back window, a single chanel 750 watt amp for the subs, and a 1000 watt 4 channel amp for the component speakers, a new K&N Shorty ram air intake. Considering buying an 06 AWD aerio at a local dealership with a blown motor. Does anyone know if the motors are the same? If so I might just swap the motors, rebuild the bad motor and sell my 03.

Drew Riassetto
5

the motor might not be the same, in 06 they went to a 2.3 liter engine, so the engine mounts might be different, but you could probably modify the mounts.