Any one know what this does? 2000 subaru legacy

allybags
0

Asked by allybags Apr 24, 2013 at 06:22 AM about the 2000 Subaru Legacy

Looks like wiper with a heater or something , nothing in the hand book.
GREAT CAR!!!!

allybags
0

Thanks David This car is UK spec and has a rear wiper / defroster separately on the end of the wiper stalk and a switch for the defroster. This is why its so confusing , been using it when frosty and nothing has exploded or shorted out so ............

45,665

It could be for heated wiper blades - http://www.autoanything.com/winter- driving/Subaru/111A53020A54532A0A28A0A1.aspx

Julian Stancliffe
125

Heated element alone bottom of windsreen to stop wiper blades sticking to glass during icy weather. turn if on before wiping windsreen when screen is frozen

Best Answer
Sala Turekeshov
55

this is for heating of the front wipers. on European models and Japanise they have this. in our country it's a everyday procedure in winter. especially helpes when you are on the long road trip using your wipers all the time. don't be affraid to to turn it on! just make sure you have the original front window with 3-4 heater stripes.

You think this is helpful.