where is the gas shut off valve located at

Amelia Hernandez
100

Asked by Amelia Nov 20, 2012 at 01:36 AM about the 2003 Saturn VUE

12,815

What? The ignition switch starts the engine and once the engine is running the fuel pump pumps gasoline. When the engine is off the fuel pump is off. Except for the initial 3 seconds when the key is turned on, the pump runs to prime the system but then shuts of right after. What are you asking and why?

Amelia Hernandez
100

hello John, let me be more specific...I crashed my car into a big rig bout 3 months ago and slowly putting it back together and I thought the car had no gas because it wouldn't start so I put gas. Still nothing so I was told that there is a gas shut off valve that goes off when you crash and it has to be reset but I can't find it in my saturn, I see it in the trunk of other cars but not mine help please.... Thank You, Amelia

12,815

Every last one of those cars your are looking at are designed by ford motor company. The pinto had a weak spot in the frame and in an accident the frame would bend causing certain bolts to rupture the gas tank. This would cause the gasoline to pour all over the exhaust and ignite. Ford lost a decent number of customers due to this so they decided, we will stretch the truth and say we have these new safety cut off switches that in the case of an accident will shut the fuel off preventing a fire. I have honestly never found a ford that had one of those that actually worked. I tried messing with friends, family members, coworkers, classmates. Never got it to work. So the question now is do you have fuel pressure?