2003 Saturn Vue automatic trans swap

spikeit
0

Asked by spikeit Dec 04, 2011 at 01:20 AM about the 2003 Saturn VUE

Does anyone know what, if any other, automatic trans will fit this Vue? I want to get rid the variable drive junk for a trans that's reliable and cheaper to maintain. It has the 2.2 L engine, is AWD but having only front wheel drive suits me just fine if it means getting rid of this GM  poor excuse of a transmission. Great vehicle, but the trans is crap. THX!

OrLackThereof
1,145

http://wot.motortrend.com/gm-settles-classaction-suit-over-transmission-failures-in-saturn-vue-and-ion-2288.html You're going to have to read the fine-print on this...because of your vehicle's model year, you may be just outside of the 8-yr window for this settlement, but it's worth looking into for sure. Also, check out this site: http://www.rebuiltautotransmissions.com/used-transmissions/saturn-vue-2006-store.html The failure rate is really high on the CVT transmissions, which were the ones mated to the 2.2L Ecotec up through 2005. So if you can find a transmission that was for the 2.2L Ecotec and AWD, and from 06 or 07 (07 being the last year for 1st generation Vues) you should be good to go, although I'm not factoring in possible problems with the Engine Control Module and the Transmission Control Module as far as what may need to be replaced as well to get the thing to perform properly.

albert598
390

i did swap my 2003 CVT tanny with a 4T40-E tranny and it works fine..but there's a lot of modification invovled mechanically ,electronic and electrical

patriciamunoz
20

hola desearia saber si si┬┐olucionaste tu problema y como lo hiciste gracias con tu saturn vue

philkilla
20

@albert598, what were exactly (point by point) all the modifications involved and how much did it cost ya ? You can email me personal details at phil.killa@yahoo.com . I'd appreciate it, thanks you sir.