2003 Saturn Vue automatic trans swap

spikeit
0

Asked by spikeit Dec 04, 2011 at 01:20 AM about the 2003 Saturn VUE

Does anyone know what, if any other, automatic trans will fit this Vue? I want to get rid the variable drive junk for a trans that's reliable and cheaper to maintain. It has the 2.2 L engine, is AWD but having only front wheel drive suits me just fine if it means getting rid of this GM  poor excuse of a transmission. Great vehicle, but the trans is crap. THX!

OrLackThereof
1,565

http://wot.motortrend.com/gm-settles-classaction-suit-over-transmission-failures-in-saturn-vue-and-ion-2288.html You're going to have to read the fine-print on this...because of your vehicle's model year, you may be just outside of the 8-yr window for this settlement, but it's worth looking into for sure. Also, check out this site: http://www.rebuiltautotransmissions.com/used-transmissions/saturn-vue-2006-store.html The failure rate is really high on the CVT transmissions, which were the ones mated to the 2.2L Ecotec up through 2005. So if you can find a transmission that was for the 2.2L Ecotec and AWD, and from 06 or 07 (07 being the last year for 1st generation Vues) you should be good to go, although I'm not factoring in possible problems with the Engine Control Module and the Transmission Control Module as far as what may need to be replaced as well to get the thing to perform properly.

albert598
560

i did swap my 2003 CVT tanny with a 4T40-E tranny and it works fine..but there's a lot of modification invovled mechanically ,electronic and electrical

patriciamunoz
30

hola desearia saber si si┬┐olucionaste tu problema y como lo hiciste gracias con tu saturn vue

philkilla
50

@albert598, what were exactly (point by point) all the modifications involved and how much did it cost ya ? You can email me personal details at phil.killa@yahoo.com . I'd appreciate it, thanks you sir.

alvarezg92
0

hi

alvarezg92
0

hi albert58 how did you do it?

john3891966
0

@albert598 can u send m the types of modification u had to do n how much it cost u to jgonzalez8805@sbcglobal.net Thank V. Jose

Kamau929
20

Hey Albert any chance on passing some of that information along I'm desperate I have 2003 saturn vue kanisiochildress@yahoo.com

Silvia Potter
0

OHHHH My...how I wished I did the research before buying my 2003 Saturn Vue. I bought it for little to nothing, but I'm getting quoted at Edward Transmission to replace the VTi with another used VTi for $3000. Why would I want to buy another one of these crappy transmissions? Albert, would you please e-mail information on the motifications you had to make to get the other transmission to work? My e-mail address is sipovia@yahoo.com Thanks.

WILLYFOULKES
0

ALBERT, I WOULD LIKE YOUR INFORMATION PLEASE! WILLYFOULKES@GMAIL.COM

Eachalfredo
0

Can you please send me all the information of how you did it please eachalfredo@hotmail.com

Canman533
0

I would also like the information on how you did it. dwconatser@gmail.com

jcomstock
0

I would like the info as well please. Email me at jaraecomstock@gmail.com

Richard Wood
0

I would like the info as well please Email me at foxfan67@yahoo.com

omsa
0

hi Richard, you need a aisin af23 from Saturn ion 2003 or 2004, a trans module, wire harness, the same car or the best option is a Saturn vue 3.0 2003 for proper shift, the trans mounts from the top, and the back, some modifications from the harness and will pass the smog, and state regulations, I have a manual for that cost me 100 dlls. but it will works. when finishing you will have a Saturn vue 2002-4 with a Toyota transmission with 5 speeds automatic.