Service engine light on

smanx57
5

Asked by smanx57 Nov 07, 2007 at 10:04 AM about the 1997 Pontiac Firebird

My engine light is on and I had it checked for free at Azmco. The code is: P0441, evaporative emission system incorrect purge flow. But I don't know what that is and the guy at Aamco said they usually tell people to go to the dealer for this but didn't tell me what it means or what to fix. I don't wantto go to the dealer for service and would like to know what it is.

papa

take your car to a mechanic you trust tell him what was told to you,Aamco specalises in transmissions.

dvigano
10,305

Check or replace your gas cap it could be faulty. Inspect and clean the fuel filler neck.

Bryan McIntyre
135

no no no what it is is that build up on a sensor i dont remember wich one but when you get build up on it then you get the light on and so you think that it is all these different things but really all you need to do is either clean or replace the sensor

verma2000
0

Did the problem get fixed? I have the same issue with my car. TransAM 1996.

Melanie Woolard
190

'incorrect purge flow' would seem to mean the purge valve is clogged. thats located in the engine bay and shouldnt be too hard for any mechanic to replace. this stuff is only for emissions, though, and is irrelevant to the performance of your car. unless you live in california or somewhere where you have to pass emissions tests, you dont really need to worry about it. go back to aamco and have the guy cut the light off with the obd II machine.