My cigarette lighter doesnt work and I don't know where to get the fuse from? Any help?

Asked by sportsshortie66 Nov 04, 2007 at 11:34 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am

My cigarette lighter doesnt work and I dont know where to get the fuse for it at. Any help? Maybe walmart?

Cigarette lighter uses a fusible link, located in the wiring behind the actual lighter socket. You can get a new fusible link at an auto parts store.

ok dont do what the other guy said there might be a cheaper easier way to do it. i just did this last week. if u look in your manual under fuses or cig lighter it shows u where it is located. when u open your hood there is a box labeled fuse box and if u take the cover off u find various type of fuses. there is a chart to show u which one is for the cig lighter. when u find it take it out and check if the fuse is burnt. if it is you r lucky. all u hav to do is by some fuses at sears for $3 and put one in. make sure its the correct size. if your fuse is not burnt u may hav a bigger problem tht i dont know how to fix. this sounds complicated but it truly is simple. im 16 and i had no trouble.

Steven Brooks

i did the same thing except me and a freind would take out the lighter itself and put a srewdriver and sparks would fly out lol it was fun but now it doesnt work lol its ite tho cuz idont smoke

Fred McClelland

thats gods way of telling you you shouldnt be smoking lol

It's a yellow twenty amp fuse located in the underhood fuse box. Open the box, find the fuse, remove it and take it to a parts store like AutoZone, PepBoys, Advance, etc. Match it up with the fuses in the electrical section. The fuses all look the same until you try to plug the new one in.

Devon Kimball

You're an idiot Steven.12v power source is a wonderful application for aftermarket heated seats and excessive lighting fit you techno kids out tenspeed

So what happens if you replace the yellow 20 amp fuse and it still doesn't work?

Joshua Walker

I have the same problem with mine but I have a 2004 Pontiac grand am