The HVAC blower is not working on any setting: 1-5.

timmy2ton
20

Asked by timmy2ton Dec 14, 2012 at 03:22 AM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am

I checked the end of dash 20 A fuse and even replaced it. Still no fan. What's next?

49,635

Speeds 1-4 are on a separate fuse and power goes through a resister. Speed 5 gets power from a fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. Since the motor is not working on any speeds 1. it could be both fuses are blown. 2. it could be the motor brushes are too short. 3. it could be a bad ground connection. ---- Check the speed 5 fuse first. If the motor doesn't work with a good fuse, remove it and bench test it. DIY instructions can be found on GAOwnersClub.com

timmy2ton
20

Thanks, just got the car for my stepson and fan was working great on all speeds. Stopped with no warning, no intermittent problems...