trac off light come on. What does this mean?

mongno
5

Asked by mongno Sep 14, 2007 at 06:26 PM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am

"Track off" message came on dashboard instruments.  What does that mean?

24,935

This means that your Electronic Traction Control is either off, or not working. Unless you turned it off, say by pressing a button for the Traction Control, it will need to be checked by a dealer, because the light shouldn't come on unless it was turned off, or is malfunctioning.

jdg02532
420

I have a 98 Pontiac Grand Prix that trac off light comes on while driving, have taken it to dealer & he can't figure out the problem. The car will jerk & almost stall, then run normal when trac off light comes on. Cannot turn it off by button. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mleann69tx
80

will this light being on make it get hot

You think this is helpful.
CRAZYC
240

no, it has nothing to do with temp. but usually traction control light on these vehicles is a bad ABS wheel sensor or something of that nature

Richard Schroer
2,875

just push your ETS button- this should turn it back on and the light will go off- if ti was a sensor, it should turn on the ABS light too, not jus the trac off light.

yannawells
150

How do u turn off the trac off light @the abs light

Peter Nichols
1,805

it means that now you can do burnouts with full power instead of computer modulated sissy burnouts !!!

49,635

"Trak Off" means that the traction control button is off or the wheels spun and the engine is at reduced power. There is a ETS button above the radio next to the hazard warning button. --- If the "ABS" light and the "Service Vehicle Soon" lights are on, it means that a wheel speed sensor has failed. One of the front hubs needs to be replaced.

erowland4433
70

what if the ETS button does not work

scrufy
0

I have a 2005Toyota sequire suv v8 the trac off and vsc trac light are on I spent $312 with the dealer to diagnose and check for the problem but they cannot figure out the problem. I need help

scrufy
0

2005 Toyota sequire v8 trunk lash is broken it will not open . I need help

Jeff Justice
30

I have A Toyota corolla and my check light came on and trac off light I took it they ran test couldn't find anything wrong. Now a week later it is back on. I don't know what's going on

gman3323
0

It means your traction control module is over heated and it starts to malfunction so you have a greater chance of wheel spin if the gas pedal is smashed from a stop or spin out if driveing on icey roads