trac off light come on. What does this mean?

mongno
5

Asked by mongno Sep 14, 2007 at 06:26 PM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am

"Track off" message came on dashboard instruments.  What does that mean?

29,555

This means that your Electronic Traction Control is either off, or not working. Unless you turned it off, say by pressing a button for the Traction Control, it will need to be checked by a dealer, because the light shouldn't come on unless it was turned off, or is malfunctioning.

jdg02532
720

I have a 98 Pontiac Grand Prix that trac off light comes on while driving, have taken it to dealer & he can't figure out the problem. The car will jerk & almost stall, then run normal when trac off light comes on. Cannot turn it off by button. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mleann69tx
120

will this light being on make it get hot

You think this is helpful.
CRAZYC
290

no, it has nothing to do with temp. but usually traction control light on these vehicles is a bad ABS wheel sensor or something of that nature

Richard Schroer
4,285

just push your ETS button- this should turn it back on and the light will go off- if ti was a sensor, it should turn on the ABS light too, not jus the trac off light.

yannawells
330

How do u turn off the trac off light @the abs light

You think this is helpful.
Peter Nichols
2,325

it means that now you can do burnouts with full power instead of computer modulated sissy burnouts !!!

62,805

"Trak Off" means that the traction control button is off or the wheels spun and the engine is at reduced power. There is a ETS button above the radio next to the hazard warning button. --- If the "ABS" light and the "Service Vehicle Soon" lights are on, it means that a wheel speed sensor has failed. One of the front hubs needs to be replaced.

erowland4433
150

what if the ETS button does not work

You think this is helpful.
scrufy
60

I have a 2005Toyota sequire suv v8 the trac off and vsc trac light are on I spent $312 with the dealer to diagnose and check for the problem but they cannot figure out the problem. I need help

scrufy
60

2005 Toyota sequire v8 trunk lash is broken it will not open . I need help

Jeff Justice
60

I have A Toyota corolla and my check light came on and trac off light I took it they ran test couldn't find anything wrong. Now a week later it is back on. I don't know what's going on

gman3323
10

It means your traction control module is over heated and it starts to malfunction so you have a greater chance of wheel spin if the gas pedal is smashed from a stop or spin out if driveing on icey roads

kmlopez2009
40

I have a 1998 Lincoln Town Car and the check Eng light check track is on and like all u say is happening and today it started making a knocking nosey but oil is good help I have three kids and only car What can I do to fix this

sexybaby76
10

2001Regal buick how do u turned off trac off

Rhonda Halbert
0

Ford Windstar 1998