had to replace the water pump and now the low fluid light will not go off even though it is full

Asked by hawkmom30 Feb 10, 2013 at 02:31 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Sunfire

...it's NOT full, the heatercore is air-bound.

The sensor is on the coolant reservoir. The light tells you when it's low on coolant. Tap the bottle with a screwdriver handle to free it up. It's a common GM problem area.

Lazy fingers have made me re-iterate. You only need an eyeball to look at the translucent reservoir. Too much credence is given to semiconductor devices that can suffer from brown out and start getting creative on us. The days of sensible pushbuttons that you have the tactile feedback associated with the 'snap', toggles are always better than (beepbeepbeep) interaction (which drives me friggin' berserk). MINI has aircraft style toggles. Bully for the brits/krauts, they don't trust this beepbeepbeep of a membrane switch, on this design. What I'm getting at is you fellers are all steamed up about where semiconductor technology meets the real world...yes there is improvement needed with regards to expanding...then contracting....such is the phsical world, get used to it. we live it.

No gary, this isn't funny. we collectively have relied on fuzzy-faced technologies! SNAP is what I need. If I were blind probably would be much happer with some tactile feedback obviously looking at a diplay would be out of the question....stop aplogizing, my man...for this is not dignified~

Your genious for understanding only shines thru when WE can understand it. Think of poor Einstein and his brain, or Bucky Fuller who's brain was so filled with life,,,words just fall short.

Why would this need di-electric grease? Current is obviously flowing or the light would not be on.

Somebody forgot to take a happy pill this morning- please I begged you to stop apolgizing...instead pull out that axe and start sharpening it. then apologize when it is found to be sharp and actually can hurt people. Damn Gary, we don't need the negative energy. We are all adults here, and are emotionally mature. This F#%#ing talk won't help anybody and just makes you look like an angry old man. Sure, there is always an opportunity to rethink things, put it in your bag of shakeNbake and see if it gets lightly coated with a crispy layer of sanity....we still love you man, but it gets difficult when your informative rants are peppered with hatred. Soundlin all serious and shit. take 'er light. Let's all get MAD at one another and see what goodness can arise from this bout of negativity...shame is. You don't like reading the JCW catalog when you're on the loo, the choices they present are limited, but educated myself by looking at this catalog...something as silly as this can make the difference. Take 'er light and do not steep in hatred. It's not good for you!

I didn't say (or write) die-electric. I wrote di-electric which is how it was referred to when I took my IBEW electrical apprentice college courses. That was after I was done with my military commitment and you were back asking Betty-Sue to the prom. Dielectric or di-electric, same thing to me - maybe it's a east coast thing. To you it's a reason to fly off the handle in a verbal fit of rage and start your name calling. That's right, I didn't respond to your PM. I didn't even know I had a PM until recently. I just got back from an appointment at the VA hospital and I don't have a lot of leisure time. Certainly not enough to read through your diatribes.

bwosk, gary, you're not helpin'...please do not be selfish, now---there are lots of ways to get the frustration out, not hurtin anyone or makin' them feel bad for the way they roll. I'm terrible at criticizm and shut down and leave the building if I feel as though what I'm sayin' isn't the truth as we currently percieve it, ya got somethin' ta say, sneeze it out, and hopefully will get it out of your system. Don't be trying to change a leopards spots, man, my wife does this to me all the time, in the words of popeye "I ams what I ams and that's all that I ams".

Dammit guys, did hawkmom30 drop us like a hot patatie? Did we provide a correct solution to the problem. Did not one of us tell her to disconnect one end of the heat exchanger and use her shopvac? Did any of us really give this poor mommy any consideration? shame on y'all, perhaps she will pipe in with some good news. for all we know she's forced to wait in line with a ten minute restriction at her public library...c'mon guys let's snap to and make sure this mommy stylie gets to spend her time with her children instead of grobblin around with us grease monkeys~