I have a 2001 Pontiac grand prix 3.1. I have replaced the head gasket, and water pump amd I have done a radiator flush on it and it still sounds like the coolant is boiling in side of the radiator within the first 5 to 10 mins of me running the car... any suggestions?

chrisml1092
0

Asked by chrisml1092 Oct 17, 2013 at 02:02 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

Dorian Hendricks
575

You'll need to bleed the air out of it. There is a bleed screw on top of the thermostat housing. Open the valve with a 7 mm socket and run the engine until the thermostat opens. Continue to run the engine until only coolant comes out the little hole, then hand tighten it down. If you use a wrench, you will sheer the screw right off