1994 3.0 Plym Voyage

hondarebelrider
0

Asked by hondarebelrider Apr 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM about the 1994 Plymouth Voyager

If timing belt broke on a 3.0 engine, are these no/low tolerence engine head where it bends a valve if the belt breaks?
Was just going down the road @ maybe 35MPH & just died.
Thank you very much for any responces!

Chris McGee
3,105

Nope replace the timing belt and the waterpump while your in there the Chrysler 3.0L is a non-interference engine so no, no bent valves, it is a free wheeling engine. New belt and run like new again.

Best Answer
hondarebelrider
0

Chris, thank you so VERY much for your responce & I really like the answer....we had this happen to another van 2 yrs ago & was told by 2 different mechanics that it was a low/no tolerence engine & probably bent a valve & we'd have to replace the engine @ about $1500! Husband is going to do the work himself, your answer just made my day!!! Thanks again! Carol aka hondarebelrider

hondarebelrider
0

Chris, thank you VERY much for your helpful info!!!! Hubby put a timing belt & new water pump on & it's running like it should! It took him 3 days to do it but he had to work as well & he had a rather hard time getting it back in time, we had to look up the firing #'s but he got it! Thanks SO very much..I know who I'll come to if I have anymore ?'s. Keep cool, drink water & stay safe. Carol aka HondaRebelRider

Chris McGee
3,105

No problem hope everything went well for you both and you are back on the road