1994 3.0 Plym Voyage

Asked by hondarebelrider Apr 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM about the 1994 Plymouth Voyager

If timing belt broke on a 3.0 engine, are these no/low tolerence engine head where it bends a valve if the belt breaks?
Was just going down the road @ maybe 35MPH & just died.
Thank you very much for any responces!

Chris McGee

Nope replace the timing belt and the waterpump while your in there the Chrysler 3.0L is a non-interference engine so no, no bent valves, it is a free wheeling engine. New belt and run like new again.

Best Answer

Chris, thank you so VERY much for your responce & I really like the answer....we had this happen to another van 2 yrs ago & was told by 2 different mechanics that it was a low/no tolerence engine & probably bent a valve & we'd have to replace the engine @ about $1500! Husband is going to do the work himself, your answer just made my day!!! Thanks again! Carol aka hondarebelrider

Chris, thank you VERY much for your helpful info!!!! Hubby put a timing belt & new water pump on & it's running like it should! It took him 3 days to do it but he had to work as well & he had a rather hard time getting it back in time, we had to look up the firing #'s but he got it! Thanks SO very much..I know who I'll come to if I have anymore ?'s. Keep cool, drink water & stay safe. Carol aka HondaRebelRider

Chris McGee

No problem hope everything went well for you both and you are back on the road

When putting the new water pump on should there be a problem with leaks on the hose in back of pump