power steering and braking worries

Ian Gale
125

Asked by Ian May 26, 2009 at 11:04 PM about the 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue

My 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue seems to lag a little right after start-up. Sometimes when you start the car and put your foot on the brake you can tell the power brakes aren't functioning yet. If I press them again they function normally. When the car does that it also has no power steering initially but regains functionality soon after when used again. Is this something I should be worried about?

Molly Allegra
35

I have the same thing! I think it's just old age, or one of the many reasons why oldsmobile isn't in buisness anymore.

Ian Gale
125

yeah it probably is since its an 11 year old car. I think oldsmobile could have been saved if they had started producing nice desirable cars earlier than they did. The Aurora and Intrigue were nice desirable cars designed to save the company. but they weren't enough which is too bad b/c i love my car and would buy another Olds in a hearbeat if they were still around.

mamacita
0

My husband and I have been looking at the Subaru logo and are certain that it was used on Oldsmobile's maybe in the 50's. Are we mistaken<

Ian Gale
125

Actually they're only vaguely similar.http://www.automotivehistoryonline.com/olds_logo_52.jpg just check out this link to see a sketch of the oldsmobile logo.