what is normal oil pressure & temp for 1998 Bravada

bsiepert
5

Asked by bsiepert Mar 22, 2011 at 05:41 PM about the 1998 Oldsmobile Bravada

I have a 1998 Bravada 263,000 original motor still runs perfect, engine light keeps coming on and ABS light comes on, coolant keeps disappearing out of reservoir but has NEVER ran hot, after you drive it for a while it shifts VERY hard but had transmission checked by 2 transmission shops and they say it checks out fine, when I fill up the coolant reservoir the ABS light goes off.  I am unable to find a leak from the coolant or radiator.

Dylan McCrea
315

It sounds like you are burning coolant. I had a 97 Jimmy that cooland just seemed to disapear... As for the ABS light, you probably need a front wheel bearing. If it is starting to go, It may trip the abs light when the system self-checks. And for the tranny, did they drop the pan on it? or did they just try it out? It could be a bad shift solenoid but a good tranny mechanic should have caught that...