motor swap

Brandon Smith
5

Asked by Brandon Aug 20, 2009 at 08:14 PM about the 1993 Nissan Sentra

will the sr20det make for a good '93 sentra motor swap??

Robert Spitzer
35

If I am not mistaken there will be some minor engine bay mods to do but I have heard of a DET in an SE-R yes.

Eliezer Rivera
215

Actually, there's no need to mod the engine bay to do an SR20DET swap on a GA16DE-powered B13. For the swap you'll need the motor, either from a Pulsar GTi-R N13, Bluebird U13 or Avenir W13, a tranny from a B13 or B14 SE-R, B15 SE 2.0 or Infiniti G20/Nissan Primera P10 or P11 (P11 preferably)with all the needed accesories, the ECU from a B13 or B14 SE-R or P11 Infiniti G20 with it's wiring harness for splicing it with the GA16DE's, the cross member from a B13 or B14 SE-R, and that would be pretty much it. No engine bay cutting or drilling or nothing. I've done about 2-3 swaps in GA16DE-powered B13s and all I said is basically what you would need. Another option is getting an SR20DE from a B13 or B14 SE-R with the aforementoned items and then putting in a turbo kit. Again, been there, done that. SR20s are the most straightforward swaps on the B13..... Once you get the SR20DET or a turboed SR20DE in your car, I highly recommend getting the following items: Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator (preferably a 1:1, like the Aeromotive A1000), a set of 370cc/hr injectors from a Nissan Silvia (if the SR20DET doen't have 'em already), a mass air flow sensor from a non-turbo 300ZX Z32 (90-96), an A'PEXi SAFC (preferably the SAFC II), a dependable wideband gauge, a front-mount intercooler, BOV, external wastegate, a form of boost controlling (either manual or electronic) and the gauges you feel adequate to have (boost, fuel pressure, oil pressure, whatever you wish). SR20DETs come either with a T25 or a T28 depending on the donor, so a turbo upgrade to a T3/T4 .60mm A/R cold snail and .48mm hot snail is more thanwelcome so you don't max out the turbine's capacity. Once you have all this, get ready to make horses. The 370 injectors will hold up to around 280 whp so if you're planning higher than that get a set of 550cc/hr. Any other doubts, please ask.