how do i disable the alarm on my 97' maxima? i don't have a remote and it goes off when i open the car door. i've tried locking and unlocking the door but that doesn't help

missfixit
5

Asked by missfixit Jul 31, 2007 at 01:24 PM about the 1997 Nissan Maxima

The car was cheap and has 200,000 miles on it. it ran fine when i bought  it and i didn't have a problem with the alarm until one day when i unlocked the front passenger side door.  also, after the alarm quits going off, i can't start the car.

23,585

A Nissan dealer should be able to reprogram the BCM for you so that the alarm doesn't go off. If the alarm is going off constantly it's also possible that the BCM is no longer recognizing the security key (if so equipped).

Roscoe Webb
145

put the key into the trunk lock and turn...i had the same prob

VQ30DE
40

This may sound crazy but you can deactivate by pressing the Hazard button too, at least on my 1995 SE you can...

rtriel
225

try this 1, disconnect the battery 2 lock and close the door 3 reconnect the battery 4 used the key to unlock the door 5 start the car

Joel4324
0

To dismantle your alarm with no keypad put the key in the drivers door and turn it as if your unlocking it and the alarm will go off

Cocohuate
140

My nissan maxima 1997 wont start because of the alarm my key broke on the passanger side and where you put the key its also broken now what could i do?

brucej455
155

all the answers by mark helpful are pretty much on target