Is a 2003 exterra have many problemz

lbird47
0

Asked by lbird47 Mar 13, 2013 at 05:13 PM about the 2003 Nissan Xterra

Racer_X
11,855

The 2003 Nissan Xterra did have some degree of major engine problems, including engine cooling. Probably best to avoid.

14,195

I second that. I would not own one myself.

Racer_X
11,855

BTW...I got this info. from Consumer Reports. The '07 and above model years are much improved for the Xterra.

Jacob Doerr
65

Yes, It is a really good idea to avoid it. Unless the car has been perfectly maintained, they are trouble. We've had many on our lot with not only engine problems but minor problems with the electrical like window switches. 60% of the time we just sent them to auction.

Racer_X
11,855

Did this answer your question, lbird47???

Daniel Ogbonnaya
10

@ jacob: pls could u be specific on how many cases of this engine problems or switch problems u have on ‎​​Ur lot. Because i intend buying a nissan xterra 2003 model. Infact as i'm speaking i already have the purchase in progress. Thanks

Racer_X
11,855

Daniel...you are making a mistake if you buy the 2003 model! Read above what I wrote! There were major engine problems with that year! Get a newer Xterrra ...or another vehicle! Look at Consumer Reports!!