is it possable to put a RB20DE in a 1990 mitsubishi mirage and send the power to the back wheels

thundercus666
20

Asked by thundercus666 Apr 06, 2013 at 08:17 AM about the 1990 Mitsubishi Mirage

judge_roy

no.

DavidH25

No again. Not even remotely possible. Out of sheer curiosity why would you even want to?

judge_roy

Well, anything is possible given enough time and resources, but sounds like a crackpot idea to re-engineer a fwd. dang. just buy a rwd car like a ford mustang. and sell this one.

DavidH25

True Judge. But goodgawdallmighty the money it would take, fabrication, time..Confucius say: there are things that can be done deemed impossible, but the effort and end result bery bery unknown and much resources wasted in the attempt

Trevor Hirby
275

Don't listen to these two above me, they nothing about cars obviously. People turn FWD Hondas into AWD, RWD, and even Rear engine RWD ALL THE TIME. YES IT POSSIBLE. Just takes the resources and some work.

DavidH25

Well Judge, since we don't no nothin' about cars, we might as well give up, this coming from a guy that has to ask why his car wont start.~~~~http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-c4219_ds527152~~~~~. 31,580 points of reputation combined between us and still we don't know nothing about cars. This coming from a guy that comes here to ask where to find parts. Lets retire from here Judge and sell pencils from a tin cup. Trevor has it covered now.

DavidH25

Trevor. please allow me to ask you something. A respectful question. Why the dig? The insult? You may disagree, you may know something I don't. I'm sure you do, There are thing I know that you don't either. Everybody has their areas of knowledge. You can get your point across without that. I am not asking because you offended me. I just wonder why the attitude?

Trevor Hirby
275

Did you seriously just use your "points" as a way to show how much you know about cars? That's a sign that you need to get off here, not a sign of knowledge. Re-read you first. It's insulting. "No again. Not even remotely possible. Out of sheer curiosity why would you even want to?" And not only insulting, but plain wrong. And you wanna know the funny parts about what you said about me? Even on the MR2 forums people have had the same problems as my car had and nobody has still come to a full conclusion as to how to fix it besides just replacing the ecu/ and or motor. And as far as parts, these cars are rare, parts are hard to find period. Figured all that was obvious. You wanna talk about my attitude? Go back and read your Know-it-all first comment, and then re-read your first one to me saying how since you have meaningless points on a meaningless website that means you have a creadible knowledge. That's like saying "I'm awesome at call of duty so I'll be a great soldier."

DavidH25

Points are in in now way indicative of knowledge. I never said they were. Points are when somebody felt an answer helped. There are other people that have less points that have far more knowledge, training and experience that I do .Tenspeed for example. Tom, Judge. This is a friendly forum. You are a punk kid with an attitude that sometime soon somebody is going to adjust.

judge_roy

Now gentlemen, you must ask if this were your gig, would you run it differently? Initially I approached Cargurus because I knew nothing about my MINI cooper, bam...the experts were on the job and almost instantly gave me the score....it was almost embarrassing....there is no harm in sharing what you know with people....if it can be done in a friendly way, Got issues with friendly H25, mail him through the carGurus mail~ honestly there is nothing to be gained except hasslin' my buddy and trying to make him have a bad day Got issues with the way CarGurus has their point system? appeal to Henry the M/C to amend it, hes a right guy and will help you...I see problems with this system, for example you ought to be docked for issuing an incorrect answer...'course when you aren't givin' nothing except good will.....I'd like to cash in my good will points please. some people would rather apply themselves toward hatred....I hate those people, Trevor~

7jimmy7
11,505

world war III has begun ,take cover,!batton the hatches ,whatever that means ,myself I like criticism ,gotten plenty then and now.,Makes you think, no problem . carry on!

judge_roy

Is this not a ridiculous question...I resent being taken to this level~

judge_roy

Why on earth would a guy post this question if he knew ALL the answers?...because he's filled with uncertainty about this whole affair~

thundercus666
20

i asked this question to see if it could be done not to start a online war of knowledge. yes the engine bay would need to be bigger, but how often do you see a crappy car that can go faster than a common modified skyline or an evo. thank you all for your time and knoledge

DavidH25

I know you had no intention of starting all that unpleasant crap. My answer was opinion not fact and I just didn't appreciate being told I should get off the site by some kid the makes analogies about video games. I didn't even know what he meant by 'call of duty'. Not your fault at all thundercuss. I even specifically said 'respectful question' when I asked why and I get a lecture, an outright attack, I am secure in what I know and don't know, I accept corrections when I am wrong, I have worked on more airplanes that I have cars. Points are not meaningless, but not indicative of knowledge either. When there is friendly competition, the folks asking questions get answers. And that's all points are, when somebody felt an answer was helpful, they can indicate as much. Myself and the Judge spend a great deal of time out of sheer good will, tenspeed, Tom, I can't name everybody, but it's all friendly ..at least it is until insecure, juvenile, Bantam rooster Trevor thinks he needs to begin that . Good Day thundercuss, yours was a legitimate question that got out of control. Peace my friend

judge_roy

Well put my caring, and thoughtful compatriot.~ good mornin' H25!

judge_roy

with a name like Thunder Cuss 666 (yes the devil's number of incompletion, if you believe in that crap) it's gotta be bad~ (as pre- gnosticated)

judge_roy

Is it the radial, air-cooled variety, the turbo-prop variety, or the Lear-Jet variety? Just wondering because the one-sparkplug turbine engine of Chrysler in 1961 worked marvy, but set stuff on fire behind it...parallel parking was impossible, never got into production, but was famous at the time~

judge_roy

not to beat a dead horse, but dude's got two monkeys lookin' at you for his avatar. Only one monkey is needed. Do you need your loved one to go with you everywhere?....even bring her into battle with you? This seems unfair to your loved one. Should be a law that 'only one person per avatar' should be the rule. We don't quite know who we are dealing with any other way~

DavidH25

Good mornin' Your Majesty. Opps I mean Your Honor. Hey. I just wanted to put an end to this unpleasantness and get on with what we do. You know what I have a vague recollection of that car/engine..where could I read up on it a bit to refresh my memory? And as for your question, F~16 Fighting Falcon, to this day, 80's technology, of course up graded, the hot rod of fighter jets. Going west you can get to your destination before you left where you started.

judge_roy

Think it made the cover of Time in 1961.

DavidH25

Um, good point. And since your are "The Thinker" now lends credibility to the n'th degree

DavidH25

Ah, only read a little, want to finish the article in a little while, but talk about flex fuel, the President of Mexico drove it on straight tequila

judge_roy

Auguste Rodin seems like a guy you couldn't accuse of being thoughtless~

thundercus666
20

what would be a good engine to swap for my current one

7jimmy7
11,505

a good project would be the same front drive unit fabricated behind the driver ,same engine ,and . trans .acquiring an all wheel drive independent sprung weight balanced powerful little machine