What is the average life of a Lancer 2003 automatic transmission? thanks.

Asked by mmcminn May 20, 2015 at 01:34 PM about the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer

Daniel Reed

Well, being a Mitsubishi, I would not expect it to last 100,000. You know how Chryslers had horrible transmissions? Those were all made by Mitsubishi/of a Mitsubishi design.

Aubry Montemayor

My '03 Lancer has over 120,000 miles on it. Zero problems so far.

Fred McClelland

prob at least 200k i would think unless you beat on it.

Fred McClelland

well the reason why chryslers transmissions are horrible is because they buy them from mitsubishi they dont make there own so what do they do? they buy them with the cheapest and lowest parts possible to save on cost. So that doesnt mean that mitsubishi cars have bad transmission because they make there own.

Michael McGrail

Honestly it all depends on how well you take care of them. Change the fluid and filter regularly, don't abuse it, keep the coolant regularly changed and filled too, and you will get 200-300k easy.

well i have a 02 lancer and i have put 2 transmissions in it. you can change the filter unless you wana pay a tran shop $1500 more or less to drop it out and pull the trans out and pull the case apart and put the new one in. its a real painin the a$$ if you dont know what you doing. the trans that came with tha car exploded on my girl friend on her way to work that planetary gear split on it. and the trans that i just pulled out the passenger side cv bearing went bad it was cheeper to get a nem trans then replacing the bearing. so all and all if it goes again i am going to put a standard trans in it. there just junk lol

This is exactly what happened to me....

i have an 03 lancer with 175k on it and the transmission just went out. I had to replace the o2 sensor about 10k ago other than that it is a very reliable car

I also have lancer 03, at 1,23k some thing z wrong in its gear N is blinking and car is stuck seems to be in one gear, allow speed 40km/hr when i checked on computer the it said is: line sol. open. Is there any expert told me about this fault/error

I need to know the functions of each gear of 2003 Mitsubishi lancer transmission

Connie Johnston

mine has 220 k on it and is still fine ... knock on wood lol

I just replaced my 2003 Lancer with 130 K km pressure plate and clutch the third times.

I have an 03' lancer es manual Trans, and I bought it at 71k miles...it now has 227k miles on it...I've only spent about 3k on it over the 9 years I've owned it, but with regular oil changes, and no tune ups, it's starting to run rough, but what do u expect...with proper maitence, the car should run at least 500k miles...but most people are idiots behind the wheel, so...it gets also warm my engine up 5 min before I drive it every day...no matter what the weather is like...

I got over 250,000 miles out of my 2003 Lancer Oz Rally transmission.... and the only reason the transmission needed to be replaced is because of something stupid that I did. To pass an annoying driver, I changed into a lower gear to gain speed. A week or so later, my transmission went out. Please don't do this with your car. It cost me over $2,000 to replace it.

Alex Arias

I got my lancer 02 manual transmission at 128,000 miles and now it has 194,000 miles on it with everything up to date on all maintenance. I run the hell out of it and just recently got the transmission replaced because of the bearing were all going out and making my clutch go out every year. Weird thing is I bought this car and a week later my clutch went out. No one would tell me y until I took it to a family mechanic and he told me it was the bearings from the tranny. I only spent $800 on transmission parts and labor that's including the clutch and all the motor mounts being replaced. But my car has never left me stranded and now that it's hitting almost the 200,000 mark I don't know if it will make it pass that.