i just bought this car from the auction. 2003 eclipse spyder and i dont know how to start the engine

chipchiphoray
5

Asked by chipchiphoray Jun 14, 2008 at 06:30 PM about the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

can you help me learn how to start the engine? i have a LCD remote. thats what it says...but i am putting the key in the ignition and it wont start. i dont know what to do. how do i turn it on?

Nick Ramsey
30

well, a friend of mine has an '04 Eclipse. it starts normally like every other car. i dont know what kind the remote is, but maybe its just something wrong with the ignition, maybe the tumblers inside arent letting the key turn it, or maybe the teeth on the key are worn off. try oiling the ignition or something, unless you know for a fact that its the remote.

papa

more than likeley the nutural safty switch is bad,causing it not to crank,it is a straight gear right.

Alex Hansen
45

Probably a push button ignition

Henry Wong
5

just browsing thru here and see that u have a alarm system with the fuel cut, or u might have a remote starter with the lcd paging system. If u want to know more then u can email me at FeitonAutoSales@gmail.com laterz All U need to do is turn off the alarm with an alarm installer shop. Good luck.

Nick Sengheiser
55

insert key. turn. Hahaha

Sarah Reibert
35

hopefully youve figured out how to start it by now since its like, two weeks later. but, you have to push in just a little bit and then obviously push it back to start.