2005 Mini Cooper Keyless Entry Reactivation?

FlickH
0

Asked by FlickH Dec 04, 2008 at 04:46 PM about the 2005 MINI Cooper

Got a 2005 mini and my keyless entry stopped working.  I just had the windshield replaced today, and for some reason my keyless entry won't work.  Any ideas on how I can reactivate it.... I'm located in Florida 300 miles from the nearest dealer.  Thanks for any info

Christian Reed
145

there is a way with the key in the ignition and all doors closed turn the key to on position without starting the car(all computer systems should come on check engine light and everything),then turn it off and take the key out stay in car, then you have to hold unlock down and press lock 3 times the doors should lock then unlock and it should work. im pretty sure about this if it doesn't work let me know. what happened is someone pressed and held unlock while hitting lock three times outside the car.

judge_roy

the three station broadcasting key 'bout hurts my feelings. The main reason is you are holding $14,000 in your hands that can easily be dropped in the sand, mud toilet and replacement is $700, and you have to bring your title, the car, they will take all day to make you another key. This one's from 2006. how much longer is it expected to live or die off and leave me stranded in a bad neighborhood where they'll simply lift it with a tow-truck? ya. pisses me off, and ain't nuttin' we can do,

Trek Driver
90

There a so many answers to this question, heres what worked on my 2005 S Doors closed, in your seat. 1.) Cycle the ign. key all the way to start 4 times (on an automatic have car in D so it won't try to start. On a stick don't engage the clutch.On the 4th turn remove the key quickly. 2.) Push the small Un- lock button down twice, on second push hold button down and at the same time push down center lock button 3 times, release both buttons AT THE SAME TIME. Your doors locks will cycle. 3.) If you have a second key immediately begin again with step 2, after door locks cycle use each key to start car. Even if one of your keys works and one doesn't you Must program them both within 30 seconds. On mine, I tried the first way a few times. First key A would work but B wouldn't than B worked and A did not. Finally none worked. Tried the above method the next day and all was well. Like I said, many different methods, be patient and find one that works. Good Luck

Jia-Ying Yang
0

The way you guys said did not work for my wife's mini. I have tried it for so many times and got so frustrated. Eventually I gave up and locked the car door by turning the key, then pressed the lock/unlock buttons of the inactivated key for several times and it worked!! Just want to share this with those who don't want to pay for $400 for a new key.