I have a 1999 Grand Marquis and it makes a slurping noise (like sucking through a straw) at times and then the air will blow hot through my vent; also sometimes it'll overheat. Now sure what the problem is.. any help would be appreciated.

jshuttle
0

Asked by jshuttle Mar 18, 2013 at 06:25 PM about the 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis

62,845

There is air in you engine cooling system. The noise is air bubbles traveling through the heater core. The heat you feel is due to the hot coolant hitting the fins of the core.

62,845

Top off the reservoir and bleed out the air if your engine has bleeders.