blower motor control module

jlawson435
20

Asked by jlawson435 Nov 11, 2011 at 08:50 PM about the 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis

Quick question. Son has an old 2000 Grand marquis The blower stopped working. have checked all fuses and everything else. Seems it is the EATC was told hard to get at and kid does not have 70.00 to replace. Could I run a wire from the blower to a new rheostat switch mounted on the dash somewhere. that way he could turn on defrost and turn new switch to lower or high. any ideas if this would work. I already have a switch and wires thanks

papa

No not a good idea to run jumper wires on a computer car,the blower motor could be bad or the resister is bad.