Hi there my Mazda 6 2002 just lost power and died .not the battery or alternator as the lights all go turns over but just doesn't start. Have tried spare key,starting in netraul etc.

Shannono
0

Asked by Shannono Apr 11, 2013 at 03:24 AM about the 2003 Mazda MAZDA6

judge_roy

how do you know "it's not the battery", these things are fussy, check the date, if it's older than five years is time to get a new one...there needs to be solid ground to the chassis and engine with battery cables that can pull 300 CCA...so clean off this attachment point to the chassis/frame with a wirebrush so a solid ground connection is there, then with a fresh battery should behave itself~

7jimmy7
9,395

fuel issue,check pump fuse,relay, and sound of pump running at first key on 10 seconds run time

Best Answer
Shannono
0

Thanks for your answers -sorted problem today. The fuel pump had completely burnt out apparently due to crap in fuel tank. Had to completely drain the drain of fuel and replace the the burnt out fuel pump -was told to never let the fuel go below the 1/4 mark ! As a prevention method was told to put redex additive throuh both the fuel and oil fillers interesting enough my friend who has an 08 mazda 3 had the exactly the same problemThanks

7jimmy7
9,395

crap in tank? should not be,stations are filtered, adding cleaner,can be damaging at times,depending what the lining sprayed inside tank is. alcohol was dissolving the shellac based coating in the 70s with gasohol of that time, today with 10% and 15% alcohol its destroying small engines and boat fuel systems ,some additives will also dissolve the protective coat on injector tips, of Toyotas for one I know of and sure more. happy motoring.

judge_roy

runnin' it dry will be enough for the day....check out time is yesterday- You'll be happier with a new pump that hasn't been mildly toasted 'till crispy~