how does one replace throttle/pedal position Sensor A circuit

SlowRoler
0

Asked by SlowRoler Feb 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM about the 2004 Mazda MPV

I got a DTC code P0122. Where is the throttle/ pedal position sensor A circuit located? How do I replace it

judge_roy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k12aGo-U5Ns

judge_roy

did you see how damned corroded that guy's positive terminal was....he oughtta be ashamed!

Raleigh Ahlstrom
125

It should be under the pedal, or connected to the base of it.

judge_roy

yes sir, it's on the throttle, in fact at the throttle plate.

Raleigh Ahlstrom
125

So then unscrew or unbolt the throttle plate, and sensor is connected via screws or bolts. Take that part or part number to your local shop and they can help you replace. DO NOT REPAIR IT, just simply replace it.

judge_roy

you know this kinda blows my mind...an entirely optical device...what could possibly go wrong? crumbles from the center bearing? Dust in the dusty bowl atmosphere? should NEVER fail....in theory~

judge_roy

that guy had like a 12" extension bar and swivel hex allen socket (looked like to me) you may want to double check which tools are needed for this job.~

judge_roy

semiconductor devices do not like running with a "brown out" condition which one come about with a troubled alternator or loose belt....combined with a weak black cable to chassis from battery adds up to a defective sensor~...yeah, I understand this problem have to originated by junkin' the semi-conductors....yeah, more reliable than mechanical interface....I do not thing so~!

judge_roy

it's a cable...just checked~

judge_roy

Raleigh, the "accelerator pedal sensor" by Toyota got a bad rap when it told the computer "FULL THROTTLE" sending the car into a tree causing a giant lawsuit, so no one wants to use "accelerator pedal sensor" anymore...actually is a module on my mini...tough getting used to being completely without mechanical connection to the engine~

Stillsearching
0

Takes about 10 minutes to remove and replace. First remove the side cover beside accelerator pedal.(You need the extra room) To remove cover just pull out two black plastic fasteners. Now get a 1/4" drive wratchet with a 10mm socket. Remove bottom nut and then the top nut. Pull assembly off threaded studs, disconnect electrical plug. Reverse to install. Accelerator assembly cost $140 and up. The sensor is inside the top of the sealed assembly.