No back brakes

Thundervette
0

Asked by Thundervette Nov 20, 2012 at 05:43 PM about the 1990 Lincoln Mark VII

replaced back calipers and pads.  no fluid to back brakes.  new front brakes also, very hard pedal

joef
3,325

It sounds like your brake booster might not be working... Horrible design! Ford used the ABS pump to double as the function for the brake booster... You might want to replace the pump and the accumulator if you find that this is the problem.

shaggy1418
40

on fords they have the by pass valve you can reset I was told but I don't know how but when you step on brake real hard it engages

10,245

You're talking about a proportioning valve. I agree. There's a reset button but you can also bleed the brakes on the opposite axle to correct it. Better if you don't. Just press the button or like shaggy1418 says, you can step on the brake real hard. Are you sure that the Master Cylinder works ok?