is it normal for a compressor to go on and off several times with only the driver in the car on a 1996 continental.the car does not sag at any time

85vette
0

Asked by 85vette May 01, 2007 at 10:15 PM about the 1996 Lincoln Continental

after starting my car it, the compressor will go on and it continues to do that as i am driving or if i happen to hit a bump or go around a corner.i have also heard it go on while it is just sitting in my driveway.is this normal even if air bags are replaced and was it designed to operate in this manner when new.the car sits well at all times and does not seem to sag. i do not have a histoy on the previous owner but would a dryer change solve this problem.i also see the check ride control indicator come on once in a while but do not experience any problems and can reset it.

bovan
9,570

Dear 85vette-- Something is loose in that 1995 Lincoln Continental of yours, but I can't tell what from this distance. It may be the compressor, but it could be several other things too. I suggest you find someone who knows what they are doing to take a look at it. Good luck from Bovan.