I have a 1998 Town Car, 159000 miles, and my struts and shocks have gone bad. Is it worth having them fixed?

Katescar
0

Asked by Katescar Aug 15, 2012 at 09:52 AM about the 1998 Lincoln Town Car

I haven't had much trouble with the car ...just completed a 3000 mile trip to and around Colorado.  However, I don
want to be foolish about keeping an old car.  I get about 24 mpg  which is satisfactory to me.  I am female, 70
years old.

68,055

Sounds like you take car of your car and like it. The Struts and shocks have served you well, and gone way past replacement mileage. I'd spend the approx $1K to replace and drive your car over 200K. Better than dealing with new car payments.

DavidH25

What I like about your car is that it is a wonderful, safe car. Something I would have my Mom drive for example. 70 is not old, by any measure, but if (insert profane word) driver hits you, outside of, say, the original Hummer (Not H2) and certain Volvo's, big Mercedes, and cars like that your TC is what you want to be in. Does not appear to be a money pit, so I second Tom's opinion, and he (Tom) knows what he is talking about. Keep the old girl. (not you, the car)